I realise it’s July, but needing to use up leftover veg is a good excuse as any to make some soup, so here’s one I came up with! (serves 3 fairly generously)
Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup
1 medium butternut squash
2 red peppers
2 celery sticks
1.5 pints vegetable stock
Cumin, salt and pepper
1. Put the peppers in a roasting tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper and put into the oven at Gas Mark 5 for 25? minutes
2. After taking the peppers out, cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and roast in the same way for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, chop the onion, leek and celery and fry with cumin till soft, then add the peppers.
4. Cut the skin off of the squash and chop the flesh, then add it to the saucepan with the stock and add salt and pepper.
5. Simmer until the squash is soft then blend until smooth.